Puzzles

Yesterday morning had me jumping between gourmet apples and the long arm machine. I completed about one row on the Ugly Blocks quilt and was able to do the five gourmet apples.

Gourmet Apples
After lunch I worked on two Sugar Block blocks on Mike and then moved to a puzzle. Jim had returned home and was working on my design wall. Laying this out on the wall wasn't an option and resorted to using the studio floor.

How does this go?
This top was purchased at the UFO auction and came in what appears to be a bag designed to hold sheets. It was in various stages of completion and the person who started it did a lot of ripping out of seams. The threads from the ripping weren't removed and had to be done during the (re)construction process, therefore slowing things down considerably.

It took about an hour to figure out what went where and to make sure the whole thing worked as originally planned; there were no extra fabrics or pieces to work with.

By the time 8:30 rolled around, I had a completed design wall and a completed quilt top.

UFO Chevrons
Today I'll be able to put up the Friendship Star blocks on the wall and ponder over them for a day or so. I'll work on Ugly Blocks and perhaps some more Sugar Block pieces, sort of like have been for the past few days.

Comments

Popular Posts