I'm into my string quilts lately. I'm not sure there is a specific reason why I am other then the following:
1) I have more then enough resources to make them.
2) We are on a pretty tight budget since Jim's off of work and Christmas is what, five weeks away.
3) I love the scrappy look of them.
4) It's freeing to not have to follow some color scheme or match points precisely.
5) It's like a form of exercise since I add a piece, run over to the pressing table to press the seam, walk back to the sewing machine, lean over and find the next piece on the floor, straighten up in my chair to sew, and then sew. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
That's where I'm headed for now.