Shopping

I'm blogging late tonight because mom and I picked up the little kid at campus this morning and then the three of us went shopping, shopping, shopping. Man, can my mom shop!

I only purchased some Mono Poly thread by Superior Threads from Gall. This is so I can appliqué the pieces of the dreaded Pepperdish pieces down in place when the time gets nearer. The original pattern calls for turned-edge appliqué, but I'm not even going to go there. Tried it. Didn't like it. Will probably never go there again. It's fusible web all the way baby!

Since fusible has a tendency to release its hold after a period of time, and since this is a table topper, I'm thinking it will end up getting laundered quite frequently so I better adhere those flower petals down good.

After returning home, I made up for yesterday's neglect on my four (1) string quilt blocks and then made todays as well. I'm now back on track. Of course, I'm sure I'll get behind during the holiday weekend, but we have sew-in later in December in which I can catch up on the days I miss.

Most of yesterday was spent on Pepperdish. It's coming along, I suppose. I'm still not really sure about the colors. Mine will definitely turn out completely different then all the others in the guild, but I don't know if this will be in a good way. I'll just keep forging ahead to see what comes of it in the end. It's too late to turn back now.

While I was constructing the turning pieces of the pattern and then posting them on the design wall, noticed I had a real major goof. I only created eight pieces of the color I needed to create 12 of. I had to come to grips my quilt was going to turn out to be completely different then the intended design; and then walked away for a while.

When I came back, my brain must have engaged because I still had enough pattern pieces, template pieces, and more importantly, fabric to cut four more of the correct pieces I needed. Sure, I had already cut too many fabric pieces of the wrong color, but hey, I was back on track and then back to sewing I went.

And sew.

And sew.

I was in the studio until almost 9:30 and I actually started pretty early (for me anyway) yesterday.

Comments

Popular Posts