|The inside of the bag|
Here is the completed exterior of the bag.
|The finished Messenger Bag|
I started quilting on the Sock quilt yesterday. DW is doing most of the quilting on this one since it will probably be a sale quilt. I attempted to do some free motion something or another on it and it just wasn't working-at all! Unsewing ensued and consumed an hour of my evening.
Another string quilt block was completed last night to add to the three already done. I think the pattern calls for 120 blocks total (I make four at once for a large block, so in reality, I'll need to make 30 of them). If I continue on in my schedule with these, the blocks will be done in a month, right?
Everybody out there in electronic land seems to be in a state of excitement over Bonnie Hunters new mystery quilt, which starts next week. I think I've decided to not use her color scheme (pink, blue, green, yellow, and white) and am going with a more monochromatic scheme of my own.
I'm going to audition each weeks blocks with my QuiltPro program and stick to my studio colors. I should probably get out of my "studio" colors mode, but I have a lot of yellow, red, black, white, and grey in my stash, and frankly, being able to participate fully as all the other quilters out there are just isn't a possibility with Jim still being hurt and unable to work.
Since it's Sunday, and I like to work on small projects today, I'm going to be starting a table runner for a family friend who kindly gave us about 50 rhubarb plants this last spring. It's a thank-you gift to her and her husband who were kind enough to rehome the plants to us for Jim's edible pleasures.