Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Let it Snow! Let me Sew!

I was able to head to sew-in on Sunday. The kids were still here, but I stole away for about six hours to "play" with my sewing friends. It felt good to get out and see some of the world beyond my four walls, and I actually caught the kids still here before they left, so it was okay.

I worked on my 3-year old string quilt and got the top pieced together. Once I got it home and pressed out all the seams, I decided it needed a border or two. I attached a stark white thin border around the top and then decided I needed to piece a piano key (or some other scrappy) border around that.

I thought about all of this yesterday and decided on a totally different route. The quilt top is fashioned in a diagonal manner rather then a horizontal/vertical block setting. Braiding the second border with even more strings came to mind and I researched how to do it. Yesterday, I completed two of the braids before quitting for the day, and while the results aren't as "wow" as I expected, it seems better then the vertical/horizontal piano keys would have been.

Today I need to long-arm at least for part of the day. Mom's quilt has been on DW long enough and will head in this direction to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment