Irony

It's irony that I complete The First Snow on the first day we get real snow accumulation in Michigan. About a 1/2 inch yesterday and another 1/2 inch over night.

I won't show you a pic of the quilt because I've already posted it about a thousand times already, and quite honestly, the quilting was very minimal because the houses needed to take the center stage.

With the snow comes the feeling of the holidays. I have three parent quilts to finish in six weeks. Thankfully, all the tops are done, so at least the hardest part is completed. Mom's is on the frame now and I still have to locate backings for dads and my MIL quilts.

Jim and I laid out all those string blocks I've been working on for what, two or three years now? It's on the design wall and after a bunch of scenarios, decided on a layout which would compliment the narrow as well as wide strings making up each of the blocks.

This was supposed to be sew-in weekend, and here I am at home. The weather keeps me in and quite honestly, I'm okay with this. I've pretty much geared up for the long winter and not really traveling to many places; I have material, thread, needles, and Pandora to keep me occupied. What could be better?

Comments

Popular Posts