What a Mess

Yesterday was spent re-reading the beginning directions for the Amazon Star to make sure I was proceeding in the right direction.

After reading the template cutting portion and then actually diving into cutting the fabrics to prepare for piecing, I'm glad I took the time to peruse the previous sections because some of what I thought I needed to do was not actually the case.

At any rate, we're moving along. However, I'm making a huge mess of my planning table, my desk, my cutting table, and my sewing desk.


Once a color is cut, it is labeled, clipped together with the template, and then placed into a specific bag. I have 10 bags in total with various pieces in each that I can only assume will be used in the piecing progresses.

I was a little leery about the colors we choose because despite having 17 various values, together it only seemed like two; blue and silver/gray. Now that I have sorted them out during the cutting/separating steps, it seems like this may be an absolutely beautiful piece of work. Either that, or it will look like a blue ball of spikes with some gray around the edges.


The pieces also have a left side and a right side to them. Even those have to be labeled and kept straight from all the other pieces in their respective bag.

I think after I finish cutting this out today I may find that getting a basket (from my teaching days) to set everything in gently may be the way to transport this up north for quilt camp. I'm so worried about all of these flying about in the Jeep on the way up and I don't know if they did, what it would take to get them all straightened out again. An ounce of prevention...

Comments

Popular Posts