Goodbye Lu!

I know this isn't a picture of a quilt, but she was my helper (hinderer) for over eight years. It was after Ben and his new bride, Alisha, become one last year that Lu was able to finally live with her rightful owner.

I still find a few of her hairs in some of the old tops I'm dragging out to be quilted and now that she is no longer with us, rather then me hrmphing and groaning about them, it saddens me instead.

Lu was an interesting cat. I affectionately would tell weekly "stupid cat" stories to my students and family members. Only those who knew her could appreciate all her little quirks and weirdness.

We'll miss her with the huge chapter she filled in our families lives. Her loud purr. Her huge green eyes. Her volcano making skills.

Thank you Lu for bringing smiles and wonder into our being.

March, 2004-July, 2014

Comments

Popular Posts