Life

I don't know if I gave you a heads-up, but the past week has been a whirlwind of activity. First, the family reunion. That occupies about four of our days. It takes a long time to inventory, purchase, pack, un pack, set-up, visit, cook, clean, camp, tear down, pack, drive, un pack, clean, sort, make notes, and repack for next year. Except for the deluge of rain on Saturday evening and throughout the night, the reunion went well. My mom even came this year!

When we arrived home from reunion, our son and daughter-in-law (Andrew and Laura) were here waiting for us from California. Actually, they were in Chicago and trained it over this way Sunday morning as we were packing up the camping stuff up north. Right after the kids arrived, Jim's mom arrived as well and my dad was already here.

Monday we toured East Lansing so the kids could see the changes since their last visit and so we could get ice cream at the MSU Dairy Store. The best ice cream ever!!

Monday evening and all day Tuesday were preparations for the baby shower for said kids. Laura is due the first week in October; right before my 50th birthday. Tuesday evening was the shower and many of those who attended the reunion were here to celebrate the upcoming birth of little Tristan.

Wednesday, unfortunately, the kids had to return back home. It's always so hard to say goodbye! By the end of yesterday, my eyes felt like somebody threw sand in them because of all the crying. I'm not normally a very emotional person, but since the flood gates were opened during the departure event, thought it to be a good idea to come home and pack up the Christmas ornaments we've been collecting for Andrew since he was a baby. The box is ready to go and will be shipped out today or tomorrow. Both papa and I shed many tears.

Needless to say, unless I head out to Cali., we won't see the kids again for probably a year. Which way sucks!

This morning, the AT&T guy is coming to switch out the DSL connection to U-Verse. Andrew said it's much better and quite frankly, it can't be much worse. While Andrew and Laura were here, Caleb Skyped a few times and we couldn't even use video to see him because of our sketchy connectivity. Hopefully, all will go well there.

The guild picnic is tonight where my "A Cloudy Day at the Beach" quilt will be judged against 23 (or so) other quilts. No giant prizes or anything; just a feeling of satisfaction if it even bears an honorable mention or an "Oh, or Ah" or two. It will hang in my studio after it returns back home.

Since the house is now quiet and will return back to our normally scheduled program, we return back to the studio to work. My business cards were heading in a forward motion for a while, but then after talking to all the kids and family members, decided I should probably hire a graphic designer to create my logo. I don't know if I really want to get into all of that, so perhaps I'll just settle for a ready-made design from Vista Prints or something. I feel like it can be changed later if I get really big or anything.

Comments

Popular Posts