Bee in my Bonnet

The first grandchild is a mixture of emotions for me. I'm so excited to become a grandma, but it just reminds me that my youth is slipping away.

It does provide opportunities to make more quilts though, and of any negativity about my younger years being left behind, this more then makes up for it!

Since our new little grandson-to-be already has his quilt made, you'd think I was done and would move along to that darn No Guilt quilt, right? Wrong!

I decided to mimic a familiar pattern done previously on another quilt for the new little man coming into our lives. While resting after lunch on Saturday, came up with an idea, took an inventory of my stash, and put something together rather quickly on graph paper for my idea.

Something simple. Understated. Yet with emphasis.

How about this?


I think the kids will enjoy it and will probably not let our little guy even use it. I'll present it to them after the first quilt is opened and hope they aren't currently following my blog since they are getting ready to return back to Michigan for a visit in less then a week.

The quilting will follow along the same lines as previously made Spartan quilts with the Sparty head and block "S" randomly quilted throughout. I have incorporated MSU in rounded letters as well as Go Green! Go White! in a Times New Roman font intermixed with the other motifs. It should be a big hit next Tuesday during their baby shower.




Comments

Popular Posts