What I Learned Yesterday

I learned that when trying to sew long, skinny pieces together, even when paper piecing, pinning is not an option, but a requirement.

Units 9 are really long and skinny and not to mention, pointy! To keep everything in line, not only am I having to sew, press, fold, and trim, but I am also having to pin/unpin each piece in that sequence.

I neglected to do so on the first few pieces of the 9R section and it is very obvious to me where I went astray. I'm debating on whether or not to pull them apart, but quite honestly, unless you get your face right in on the questionable sections, it's not obvious to anyone but me so maybe they just need to stay put for now.

I completed both 8 sections and the 9R yesterday. I have to complete 9L today and then I think (crossing my fingers) that I actually get to start construction on the actual large pieces.






Comments

Popular Posts