Labels

The absolute final step for me, and one I often overlook or neglect to complete, is sewing the label on the quilt back. This is done to identify the name of the quilt, my name, the city of origin and the year the quilt was completed.

Other information can be included, but this is the basics with which each label should convey.

The five quilts that were given last weekend went without labels. I know, I know, shame on me! I'm trying to get better at this, but it will take some time.

Having learned my lesson from last weekend, here are the two labels for the quilts that will be finding new homes in the next 10 days.



The labels don't have to be fancy or complicated as you can attest with these. It just takes some time to get them made, and then the bummer part is hand stitching them onto the back of the quilt. My hand stitching skills are still being honed and maybe with time, I'll be happy with the quality in which I complete this less-then-desirable task.

The third quilt of last week came off DW and was bound last night. I want to get No Guilt on the frame, but just remembered that I have a short week next week and so should probably get our grandsons quilt started since we have a baby shower scheduled for the kids a week from Tuesday. Currently the quilt is in yardage format so I need to get busy, huh?


Comments

Popular Posts