Packing

Quilt camp is always a wonderful thing to look forward to! Packing...not so much. I have all my quilting supplies in the Jeep and most of my clothes in the suitcase. I'll add to the suitcase tomorrow morning after I am done taking my shower and getting ready to leave to Detroit with mom.

Mom is going on a Canadian Rockies bus tour and her flight leaves out early (7:30) from Metro to Spokane on Friday, so we'll be staying in Detroit tomorrow night to refrain from having to get up so early the next morning.

I'm going to get her settled into the airport and then head out somewhere for a leisurely breakfast. From there, quilt shop hopping! So excited for that, except it would be more fun to do it with a friend. I have to plan my route this afternoon to see where I'm going since we can't really check in at camp until after 3pm.

Amazon Star is all cut out and sorted into the proper bags. After reading the directions (again), I'm now all set to start sewing. I have a feeling Cathy has already started hers, but that's okay since I am more settled on having everything I need to make the process a success.

I also cut the Amish Star black sections last night to be ready for those blocks too. These are for a quilt both my father and Jim's mom requested I make for them. I'm thinking while I'm on my "A" game I can work on Amazon and then when I'm about brain dead, will then pull out the Amish Star blocks to work on since they don't require as much thought.

I have also packed a bunch of charm squares Jim purchased for me a while ago should I get through all the Amish Star blocks. I probably won't even get to those, but with all the intense work I do up there, who knows?


Comments

Popular Posts