She won!

Our guild (Across the Square Quilters) had our annual picnic last Thursday. We had a challenge thrown given four criteria. Drawings were made to see what criteria your quilt would require. The criteria were size, theme, technique, and color. I drew: 25"x30", beach, appliqué, and red. I have posted this one before, but since she won the Viewers Choice award, it bears repeating.


The competition was pretty even this year, and quite frankly, I would have pegged mine in at around third or fourth, but the members voted and this was solely their decision. I am honored!

Sew-in for our charity quilts was both yesterday and today, and now that the kids are all gone, life is returning to a bit of a normal state; at least for a few days.

This upcoming weekend is our annual quilting retreat; we call it quilt camp. Four days up north doing nothing but fellowship amongst quilters and while doing what I love to do-make quilts! I have a few patterns in mind to do while I'm up there, but like life, that can change. When Jim's mom and my dad were here during the kids' visit, they both loved my Amish Stars quilt so much they requested one for each so I guess that's what I'm planning for now.

However, I still have my Amazon Star pattern sitting here (has been for over two years now) and would like to tackle that. A fellow guild member is going to tackle hers while we are there and we discussed doing them together. I would like to make a go of it and use the Amish Stars quilt as my "no brainer" sewing after I get tired, but it will depend on whether I can get the batiks purchased beforehand. Hello, Marshall House!

Jim thought at least one person would want to watch me long-arm during their visit whether it be a family member or somebody attending the baby shower Tuesday evening. No one even asked, so No Guilt is still sitting as it was over a week ago on the frame. I think it needs to get finished! Tally-Ho!

Comments

Popular Posts