At Bat, On Deck, and In The Hole

Summer brings warm breezes, sunshine, and Tiger baseball. Whenever Jim is able, he tries to catch a game or two here at the house on TV. Last night he was not home so heard on the radio this morning that the Tigers lost. He later learned, however, that the winning grand slam homer hit at the bottom of the ninth put the Tigers in the lead to win the game.

I feel like that sometimes with my deadlines. A monthly block exchange, between my scrap squad members of last year, caught me with my hands at bat. The deadline was the end of June and with a few hours to spare, squeaked out the block that was due. I hate being late with deadlines and stressing to make a decent project while under the gun. To keep myself from doing that again over the summer I completed the next members block for July.

DW is in a similar situation. He has a lot of work ahead of him and I'm not keeping him nearly busy enough. Here is his current "at bat" quilt top.

At Bat


This top was made down the road a few years ago. Jim and I discussed my starting any new major quilt top projects until I scaled down that long arm pile hanging out in the spare room. DW needs to earn his keep.

This quilt is "on deck". A large wall hanging or lap quilt to be sold or donated. It too was made down the road a few years ago.

On Deck

This cute little Christmas quilt would be nice for some child at Christmas time. Maybe I'll save it for one of the tree babies we have coming due in the next few months and give it away then. But this is the quilt that is "in the hole".

In the hole
I'm still working on the hand binding for Andrew and Laura's quilt. I have just turned the third corner, which means I have about a side and a half yet to go. While DW is edge-to-edge quilting our "batter" quilt I'll work away at that project while jamming to something on the computer.


Comments

Popular Posts