A Few Minutes to Spare

Caleb comes home today! I won't get to see him until my return from camp, but from his Facebook post, he made his flight and is en route back to Michigan. I made a sign for him this morning and hung it on the fridge to welcome him back in my absence. Jim will pick him up from the train station this evening; late.

I think I've brought just about anything and everything I need for my trip north. I can't think of anything else to stuff into the Jeep so now I just wait for mom before we head out. While I have the time, I think I'll line up my next quilt to get on the long arm for my return. I won't have time to make backings or anything but I can plan it out and get it ready at least.

The animals and plants are all fed and watered. I've cleaned the house and washed all but a half load of laundry. It amazes me how much preparation it takes to get away even for a few days, and it's not like the guys are inept or anything, but they should be able to enjoy their weekend as well and not have to worry about such trivial stuff.

Until next week, keep quilting!

Comments

Popular Posts