The Great British Sewing Bee

Lately Pandora has been put on the back burner. While working diligently away at my arcs for Total Eclipse (my newest Judy Niemeyer project), I've been listening to, and kind of watching, The Great British Sewing Bee on YouTube.

It's pretty cool, even if you don't like to sew, or even if you don't particularly like British broadcasting. Season 3 will be winding down today and two of the three finalists are men; one served in the British Army and his sewing skills and ideas are stellar!

I think the house being too quiet is the recent shift in white noise, but it seems to keep me pretty productive. Here's where I'm at today after only four days of sewing these.

8 more to go
Eight more will wrap up the arcs above having the convex curve. 20 arcs with both a convex and concave shape will be constructed next. They are quite a bit larger and even though there are less, will probably take just as long to construct.

This particular pattern, so far, is being done solely with what I have in my batik scrap pile. I don't know if I'll have enough here at the house to complete it, so shopping for a consistent background fabric may be in order, but I have to wait and see what construction and laying of out pieces results.

I did long arm for a bit yesterday, but didn't get into my string blocks. I started feeling kind of out of it around late afternoon, and even skipped guild because I just couldn't muster the energy to get changed and get out of here. Maybe there's a front coming through or something?

I'm re-energized this morning; so much so I even painted my toenails. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular Posts