The Garden Quilt

Quilts with a lot of appliqué are so very time consuming. While the blocks I worked on yesterday were long in nature, the detail wasn't as great as the three blocks I worked on the previous day. Yet, I got less accomplished?

On a good note, the appliqué blocks are all completed and I'm now making sashing, border, and corner blocks to set everything in. I was in the midst of all of my construction when Jim arrived home from work, took his shower, and then said, "Are you ready to go?" I had no idea we were going anywhere.

I shut everything down and we jumped into the Jeep to head out to vote, and then he took me cross country to Mason to pick up our new wedding rings. We had new ones made for our 30th anniversary and they were finally ready.

They are so simple; just thick, hammered, silver bands but with a personal sentiment stamped on the inside with our wedding date included in each. They. Are. Perfect! Mine reads: "Living life...with you as my wife." Jim's says, "My heart, my soul." Needless to say, we spent the rest of the afternoon and evening playing around in Mason (one of our favorite cities) and enjoying each others' company.

Coming back and working in here wasn't going to be an option since we never returned until nearly 8:00, which was just fine.

DW is (still) naked and I don't know if I'll get anything on him even today. I really, really want to get the top of this garden quilt pieced together and will concentrate on that until I've accomplished as much as I can.

Comments

Popular Posts