Uninterrupted

Today should be an uninterrupted day for quilting, sewing, and having studio fun. I thought yesterday was going to be this way, but we had to take the little kid to the doctor for an upper respiratory infection he brought back with him from college.

I had been on a quite a roll prior to having to leave, but then lost a lot of steam with our three-hour detour. I didn't even have the gumption to long-arm upon our return. However, and prior to heading into town, I was able to complete my 20 BOM 2012 Craftsy blocks. 

The next step is to individually quilt the blocks in a quilt-as-you-go format while quilting the already completed top on DW in unison. I know this sounds really pretty stupid doesn't it? Why would I recreate a quilt top so I can quilt it on both my little, as well as my big machine? And, there is a simple answer: Three actually. 

Practice. Practice. Practice.

Every class I have ever taken in the past, and am now currently taking, all have different advice to give when working with quilts: Pin this way. Sew that way. Press like this. Quilt like that. But they all, every single one, say the same thing as an overriding theme. You don't acquire mastery without practice, practice, practice.

I was also ambitious enough last night to dig out the little charity dinosaur quilt I did during the last sew-in. Katie brought me her left over dinosaur feet (from a quilt she made previously) and I am incorporating those into the back of the quilt. I have everything laid out this morning and hope to get those together sometime today.

My homework for next months Stitchers Garden class is completed. We are doing two blocks in January instead of the usual one we have done in prior months. 

The Kaleidoscope quilt is still on DW and has been since Christmas. I think I'll dig into him first this morning and work out from there. 

Mom loaded me up (again) this year with fabric as one of my Christmas gifts. I have yet to put those away because I have to straighten all my long yardages to fit in the new bunch. But I have a new inventory of black and whites to add to the library, which was not only greatly appreciated, but badly needed.

Comments

Popular Posts