Christmas Gifts

I love to give gifts. Especially a quilt. The expression on a person for the split second of recognition is priceless to me and while the novelty wears off quickly, I still have that special look embedded in my brain.

Very few people realize just how much time is spent creating a quilt. I know my recipients appreciate them and most will cherish and use them as intended so it is that one brief moment of facial surprise and appreciation why I do this every day.

Here are the three full-size quilts made this year for my father, my mother-in-law, and my mom.

Ann's Amish Stars

Pete's Amish Stars

Judy's Full Circle
I received some amazing gifts this year too. Classes, books, and supplies to continue in my long-arm adventures.

When DW turned 1 year old (at least the one year he has been in our house), he and I worked through 75 quilts. 75! Can you believe it?

What's more amazing is that I finally feel like I'm JUST getting the hang of this long-arming thing. It's harder then it looks and the instructors and other long armers out there aren't kidding when they say it just takes LOTS and LOTS of practice...like cursive writing.

I want to create some amazing things this year. Angela Walters said something like this in one of the three books I received: When the quilting is laid down on the top, it's an extension of the artistic power of what has already been created.

I continue through my 2014 Mystery Quilt from Bonnie Hunter and am still working on creating a second BOM from 2012 Craftsy so I can practice both my DSM quilting skills in a quilt-as-you-go method, as well as on DW with the same blocks.

Comments

Popular Posts