Ann's Amish Stars

Here it is! All completed! It turned out pretty good I think.

Ann's Amish Stars
Here is a close up of some of the quilting that went into it. I probably already showed this motif previously, but hey, I like it and it's my blog.

Quilted Swirls
Now what? Jim asked me that this morning why he was on his way to Ohio. DW looks naked without anything on him but I don't want to start anything too tedious since dad's Amish Star backing will be here in a few more days.

I keep staring at that dumb Pepperdish table topper sitting on the rack waiting patiently to have something done with it. I really, really, really want to quilt this on Mike (Temps new name since he's now actually staying with me instead of going back to Gall Sewing). However, I think the quilt is a little too big for me to wrestle around with on my sewing desk.

I spoke to Dale last week about the quilting plan the designer published and it seems pretty intense; and Dale wholeheartedly agreed it's over the top. Too much on too little of a "palette".

Okay, I just brought the top out again onto my pressing table and I think if I mark it as I go, and modify some of the quilting areas, and, and, and...

I can probably give this a go on Mike. I think I can, I think I can! What do I have to lose? The quilt police won't come in here and arrest me, right? If it turns out too poopy I won't put it into the quilt show in March, right? I'll just let the guild members give it a cursory glance and not let them look at the quilting if it turns out crappy. I'm going to go for it on Mike. I just wish I had some 505 to baste the layers because all this pin basting will take all morning.


Comments

Popular Posts