Green Light

Bonnie Hunter is a quilter located somewhere in the Carolina's. She is known for her scrappy quilts and wonderful quilt patterns. She also does a mystery quilt every fall and it's about this time of year she announces her color scheme. 

The colors this year are mimicked from the Grand Hotel on our very own Mackinaw Island. While I love most of the colors she has selected, pink is the one I just can not do. I don't hate pink, but setting it into a quilt for the unknown recipient is just not going to happen.

She also uses one or two special rulers for her annual mystery quilt and I had yet to make up my mind whether I was going to do this years selection. After my class yesterday, and finding the special triangle tool we need to complete this years quilt, made my decision to go ahead with the mystery.

Just a recap...last years mystery quilt was the Celtic Solstice. I have completed the top, but have yet to get it on DW. Probably because I did the king sized version and finding backing fabric for it has been, well, a mystery.

Meanwhile...

The kids in Cali have asked for me to bring this quilt along since the top is now completed. I still need to quilt it but should be able to work it into todays schedule.

Tristan's New Floor Quilt
Class yesterday was very, very informative. We have these huge machines that do a multitude of stitches, but in reality, we only use about five of the hundreds available to us. This class teaches us to use the variety of stitches available in a useful way rather then repeatedly ignoring them.

Stitcher's Garden 1st Block
This is the completed block I finished when I got home.

Applique Detail
Here is some of the detail put into each of the appliqué pieces. Generally I would have just blanket stitched around each of the pieces, but if you look carefully, there are flowers, sprays, and tracks surrounding the appliqué elements.

Today I have to prepare for my class over the weekend; a look into Judy Neimeyer paper piecing. All the fabrics have arrived and they need to be sorted and pressed before moving along.

Afterwards I need to finish my Check Mark quilt top (only the borders to go), and get the baby quilt quilted.

Comments

Popular Posts