Classes, Classes, Classes

Since last Wednesday, it seems like I've spent more time in classes then I have in my studio. Oh wait, that's actually a true statement!

Friday and Saturday was spent with an amazing instructor named Sue Wilson who taught the Judy Neimeyer method of quilt construction. Judy is the lady who wrote the Amazon Star pattern and who has a plethora of other amazing quilt patterns available.

But, her quilt patterns (most of them anyway) are extremely intricate and very time consuming! There is a special way, from start to finish, on how to construct her masterpieces, and it took a two day class to decipher a small 46"x46" wall hanging. I'm a little under half way into completion even after spending some time in here yesterday on it.

The class was so worth it and I even picked up another pattern to do at a later time. There were several patterns I wanted to pick up but am getting ready for my trip to Cali to see the kids and didn't want to get crazy before leaving.

The receiving blanket quilt is on DW and ready to quilt. I hope to take that with on Wednesday. I'll continue to putter in here on my Pepperdish wall hanging too and probably won't be blogging much for the next two weeks since our nephew is here from Tennessee for a visit.

I'll be back around the first of the month and until then...

...be happy and keep quilting!

Comments

Popular Posts