Continuing On

The house cleaning continues. The first order of business was to get the little hourglass string quilt off the design wall and finish it.

Here's what I came up with.

Giddy Up
This may end up being the reunion quilt for 2015...hmmm?

It was Tuesday and so another house was in order. This is #15 and the last of the houses. I thought after making this house I could start putting the top together, but after reading the directions realized there are a number of different trees we'll be using to set in between the houses and along the borders.

The First Snow; #15
Moving along. My Sugar Block BOM from 2013 was sitting in the pile I made the day before. It seemed the next logical step in cleaning house and by the end of the evening, this is what I came up with for those blocks.
Sugar Block BOM 2013
I still have three more piles to sort through today. I may end up combining the Craftsy BOM from 2012 and the exchange blocks from my Scrap Squad members into one quilt. I'll have to wait and see what I get on the design wall. They are all done in yellow, black, white, and a little red. I wonder where I got the colors for my studio? :-)

I'm also excited to get into my orphan block pile. This quilt will probably end up being pretty fugly but until I get it up, won't know if I can actually use these blocks together or how I'm going to deal with them.


Comments

Popular Posts