Cleaning House

When we moved the studio around a week or two ago, my plastic drawer bins were never cleaned out. I knew I needed to get to that sooner or later and yesterday was the day.

After finishing the mega hexagon top, I was pretty much out of projects I could currently work on. I tried to locate the blue polka dotted strips that are the basis of my string quilt blocks hanging around on my shelves, and this lead me to my bins.

After unsuccessfully locating the polka dotted strips, I was able to successfully locate something more to do. Hark! Lots of BOM's that had yet to be put together and a LOT of triangles. I should have taken a pic of the mess I created while cleaning.

I saved too many of these triangles over the years and it was time to cut the apron strings. Anything less then 2 1/2" was to be recycled and off to Dee.

The iron and I were vast becoming best friends as I sorted, ironed, and then appropriately put into size-type piles to be replaced back into the bins for future projects.

Here's the pile of BOM's I have to work on over the next few whatever.

BOM's ready to get together and a pile of orphan blocks
I love the way the light slants into the studio in the morning.

Enough for a small baby quilt...or something
I had enough of these blocks to get on the design wall as a something or another. I'll just either sash them or put them together as is to make a baby quilt for somebody.

Easter Chicks
This block was from my 100 blocks Volume 5 (I think) while I was working for them. Jim wanted me to finish it up for our little quilt rack on the piano.

This was a test block for a Craftsy class I took
Jim wanted me to finish this block too for the piano rack. It'll be nice to hang around Independence Day.
Hi Caleb!
This is Lily. She was watching me take picks of the two piano rack quilts and just begged to be photographed.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I still have not located those blasted blue polka-dotted strips. They can't be far and my studio isn't that big, so eventually I'll stumble across them and then put them near the blocks they belong with.


Comments

Popular Posts