The Process of Quilting

My intentions this morning will be to share how I actually quilt a piece once the top, batting, and backing are loaded onto my long arm. Whether you quilt on a long arm or on your little 1952 Singer, the process of putting together the layers is essentially the same; a sandwich is made with the backing, the batting, and the quilt top.

Since I'm working on the commission piece, this is what I'll be quilting today. I was actually able to start the quilting last night and hope to get the remainder done this morning. Let's take a look...

I wanted to include a Sparty head in the border between the words Go Green! Go White! I have already set up my area perimeters and have scaled down the motif to fit within the section I want to put it.

The four-inch section I need to put a Sparty head

Remember, I'm not a videographer, and my iPad would have done a much better job, but here is DW making the Sparty head on that border section.


So, this is what I'll be doing for the morning. I randomly place Michigan State University elements throughout the quilt and utilize my long arm to be creative and have some fun!

Comments

Popular Posts