Open Houses, Baby Showers, and Yard Sales, Oh My!

Friday was spent with mom at yard sales. Or at least the morning and afternoon were occupied with such activity.

Friday evening was spent at a wonderful open house for our cousin. He's a great kiddo and we wish him the very best in the next chapter of his life.

Saturday (yesterday) was spent mid-day at another cousins' baby shower. It was at this baby shower that five (yup, five) of my quilts were given their new home. You have seen them on previous posts and I'm sure the recipients will take care of and enjoy them fully. But most of all, they will be loved I'm sure.

A special thanks to those who made Ben and Alisha's reception an amazing event: Valerie and Scott Miller, Michaela and Robert Miller, and Amber Lynn Jane. Five wonderful people who we have the honor of being related to!

After the events of above were tackled, I was gearing up to work on my long-arm beast when the middle kid and his wife called to see if we were going to be around. "Of course you're welcome out here and no, we are not going anywhere." Says dad.

I had a goal, and even though the kids were on their way out, I still needed to get Amish Stars off DW; or at least get it finished to make room for other projects in the bull pen.

This is one of the most welcome sights to a quilter.


I know it doesn't look like much, but truly it is. It means the quilt is now fully quilted and is ready to take off the rollers. It means another chapter of the quilt is closed and we are now past the half-way point in the completion of a huge project.

No matter the size of a quilt; whether it's a baby quilt for a shower, or a beast like the one above (which, BT Dubs, is for sale), getting the quilt quilted is one of the milestones we all look forward to as quilt makers. It takes a lot of planning and time to make sure it's quilted correctly. Too often I have pulled stitches out (we call it unsewing) because I neglected to plan well enough ahead on what I'm going to do with the quilting.

Small celebrations are worth every second to be happy!


Comments

Popular Posts