Now Appearing on the Long Arm

This is my next project. Actually, it's going to be an Everest. I've never done a quilt this big on the machine before, and this one, as you can see, is extremely large. It's kind of scary too!



I've watched a few quilting videos today at lunch and think I have an idea in my head of what I want to include in each of the quilt top elements. I am actually thinking about free motion quilting the stars and following along their piecing lines with some echo quilting, but don't know if I want to risk ruining the quilt.

I think a single rope braid in the sashing and a small feather wreath in each corner of the star block would lend to the Amish feel of the quilt and a feather in the border would be nice as well. We'll see what we come up with after we get everything plumbed.

Over the weekend I was able to complete the commission quilt and deliver it. I also put the binding on AL's quilt and will take to the baby shower on Saturday. The section that I ruined on DW actually came out okay, so I don't think I'll have to do much with that. Yeah!

Because I was super productive this weekend, I also completed two charity quilt tops. After the monster above gets off the frame, we'll put those two on next. Saturday, after I came home (the guys picked me up a little early), I put away all my sew-in stuff and then wasn't quite ready to stop with the sewing for the day so completed UFO #2 from when DW was in the shop.

Here's what the top looks like.


It's hard to see exactly what's in each of those little blocks, isn't it. How about a close up or three?




The bottom two pics give a close up of the handles. Each colored handle is appliquéd down a different way . I wanted to give the cups some variety besides there own fabric combination so used a variety of stitches on my new machine.

I still don't know how I'm going to quilt this. Caleb suggested some steam coming out of the top of each cup, which I am actually going to do, but that only covers the top of each much of coffee. What about the rest of the block? 

Comments

Popular Posts