Elusive

I looked and looked in the various spots where I store quilts and quilt tops to locate this missing quilt I spoke of yesterday. Of course, it was in the last spot I looked after tearing apart the closets and rooms only to find it on Caleb's log cabin foot rest.

Once I found the quilt, I looked outside to see what the sun was doing so I could get the best shot of it. The rain yesterday, the fog last night, and the large amount of dew that fell during the night isn't leaving me much of a choice. I had to shoot the quilt indoors, which I could have very well done yesterday and probably with better luck then I had today.

Here it is, with poor lighting and at a poor angle, which is unfortunate, because it's a really cute quilt and the pic doesn't do it justice.

Michaela's Quilt for helping out at Ben and Alisha's wedding

I'll be seeing these three kids maybe later tonight and am pondering whether to take their quilts in for gift-giving, but hesitate to do so as we'll be at a baseball game and I just don't know, ya know? I'll have to think about that today.

Andrew and Laura's quilt came off the long arm last night and it turned out stunning. I have made the binding strips and am at a crossroads (another one) on whether to machine or hand-stitch the binding on. Since this is an heirloom quilt I think hand-stitching the binding would be best decision, so I'll probably end up going that route.

The DeGroot Reunion quilt blocks are on the design wall and today I'll be working on the sashing strips. The quilt is set on point and I either have excellent luck working quilt blocks this way, or it turns into an absolute nightmare. Here's crossing my fingers and hoping it's the first option rather then the later. 


Comments

Popular Posts