Table Runner


I'm not one for table runners. Quilters seem to like to make them, but in every house I've ever, and mean ever been to, I don't remember seeing a table runner on the table. So, why do we make them? Because they're generally a two-day project that enhances our quilting skills and gives us a break from the very much time consuming full sized quilt. I think.

When my McCalls Quilting magazine showed up last month (or thereabouts) I found a really cool table runner project to do. Again, I generally don't make these things as I feel they are pointless (except, I do have a table runner on my table), but liked the format in the way it's put together and may just repeat the process with a full-sized quilt if all goes well.

Yesterday was full of picking, sorting, cutting, and beginning sewing of the fabric...that's how detailed this runner is. Today I'll be sewing the more intricate aspects of it during the MSU basketball game (guys watch TV, I sew).

Here is a pic of yesterday's project.

Comments

Popular Posts