New Beginnings

Wednesday night, I found myself in a quandary. What to do next?

I have plenty of fabrics in my stash, but nothing considerable of specificity. By this, I mean that I have lots on fabrics, but not much variety of any particular type. I have fabric in calico, batik, tone-on-tone, solid, flannel, strip, polka dot, and motif but nothing substantial in any of them. So, how does one start a quilt without current supplies (and for now, funds)?

Monday I received a book in the mail titled Beyond the Block. I received an advertisement in the mail a few weeks ago about joining the AQS and a page from this book was featured in the glossy advertisement. I had to make the quilt in the picture. It was just one of those "gotta" things we sometimes have to do. I promptly rushed over to my computer to order the book.

E-Bay sellers were getting $999.99 for the book I was in search of purchasing. I thought, 'no way'! Amazon...same thing. What? For a book that was published six years ago? What the heck?

I finally found the book at a reasonable price out there from some cut-rate seller and paid under $40 total with shipping. I ordered it on January 4th; this is what I mean about a cut-rate seller because the book took almost a month to get here. I think they sent it via mule or something, but finally, it showed up along with another book I ordered last week titled Fabric Books.

I took at look at both books and started with the fabric book book (that sounds funny) first. I made our grandnephew a book on Thursday night and still had some time to work on another project so I started to study my new Beyond the Block book. WOW!!!! I'm hooked. More on this later but since Thursday night, this is what I've been up to.

Comments

Popular Posts