On Point

When a quilt is not set in either a horizontal or vertical direction, but rather a diagonal direction, it's called setting "On Point". It requires setting triangles, rather then parking in square(ish) blocks to bring the quilt to a square(ish) size.

After last night, I think I need a tremendous amount of practice setting on point. While bringing the quilt to a close, and while trying to measure and add the three borders, found the quilt to be off over an inch from top to bottom. Jim was instrumental in helping me get the thing back in order, but a few of the blocks suffered because of my lack of squaring/planning.

The first one and a half sets of borders are on and tomorrow will bring yet another experience of putting blocks within the borders and trying to get them to come out right. I worry over this already.

Comments

Popular Posts