Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Rethinking

I'm rethinking my blog. I don't know that too many people actually read it, but on the other hand, I write it basically for myself. It's a way for me to keep track of my quilting progress and what exactly is going on in my studio.

But, for the next year (at least), I have this stupid job thing outside of the home and my postings are becoming quite erratic. Sometimes I work several days in a row and the studio work becomes virtually nil. The other days I just play catch up on what I have to do for other folks. I'm asking myself if I should continue?

I think I'll make a decision before the year comes to a close. Meanwhile, I'll post up what I can and decide from there.

Here are last weeks BOD's (that I should have posted yesterday).

December 14-20
I got a bee in my bonnet (or rather, an icicle in my hat given our latest weather) and decided my dad's new wife needed a quilt for Christmas. I received a Tunga fat quarter pack for testing blocks over the summer for the Quiltmaker 100 Quilt Blocks Vol. 14 issue. There was a very simplistic pattern included and I thought maybe she would like her own couch quilt. I started that last night.

We are meeting them on Saturday for that side of our Christmas (ahhh...the holiday festivities begin). Can I do it? In my head I can, so we'll see if my time management skills are still holding on.

I have a four hour shift later today at work and another long shift on Friday afternoon. I have a customer coming to pick up a quilt this morning. And...my daily blocks to complete as well as a customer basting job to load, baste, and then unload before I can get the Christmas present onto the frame. Ready. Set. Quilt!

1 comment:

  1. don't give up the blog!!! I enjoy reading it even if I'm the only one. Sometimes it helps me get up and actually DO something.... now, if I could just get back into blogging myself :(.

    ReplyDelete