Holiday Hiccups

Because the holiday season is ever hectic, blogging was put on the back burner.

This was given to my dad's wife Charlotte on Christmas Eve.

Charlotte's Quilt
Four days commenced without even stepping into the studio and so yesterday was catch-up on BOD day. It took all afternoon! Here are last week's blocks.

December 21-27
Next week will be my last posting for the BOD blocks and there will only be four since we are nearing completion. I can't believe it's already been a year since I started and what a learning experience as well as a very gratifying project it's been.

I've found a few 'block of the week' quilts I would like to do in the upcoming 2017 year. One is from the same lady who hosted our BODs this year, Kathryn Kerr from Australia. The second is being hosted by Amy Gibson, who did the Craftsy BOM for 2012 and 2013, but I have to purchase a book to do that one and will have to find it before beginning the series, which is very soon (next week I believe).

First Dolly Quilt
I wasn't done in the studio last night quite yet (withdrawal I think) and completed this dolly top for my December challenge (thank you Katie for pushing me on this). I'll get it quilted out at camp in a few weeks, if not before, and then will have to find one to do for January (another camp quest).

I hope everybody had as good a holiday as they possibly could. I know some of my friends out there did not have a very enjoyable time (quite a few in the hospital themselves, or with loved ones), but our thoughts and good wishes were with them even if we couldn't be with them physically.

We still have some festivising to do (Saturday and then two weekends after that) with family who could not be with us last weekend, but the season shouldn't just be designated to one day. I propose we implement the good cheer and joyfulness throughout the whole year. Who's with me?

Comments

Popular Posts