Sick, sick, sick

Okay, so I haven't been that sick, but still, sick is sick when you don't feel your usual self. I'm more of the suck-it-up and you'll-get-through-it type. However, when a pattern for a quilt is sick or my machine is sick, that's another story.

I purchased a lighthouse wallhanging pattern through Yardsellr.com and am disappointed in it. The directions are sketchy and very wordy and I'm having a hard time getting all the little tiny pieces to work. I think this is one for the scrap heap and I'll try to find a different lighthouse pattern somewhere else. I should have known better and did some more research before jumping in to purchase...but the price was right, yada, yada, yada. Today's motto: Live and learn.

The yo-yo's are coming along well. I used to work corporate and we used to use these little hole reinforcer thingies-they looked like little white donuts and they were used when a three-hole punched punch became ripped. In corporate we used to call them paper assholes. I have come to the conclusion that yo-yo's look like fabric assholes. See for yourself.

When the yo-yo's are made into a coverlet you don't see the little pucker-y end. That side goes down. But I'm making an eclectic wall hanging and some of these will be displayed with the pucker side out. I think I shall name the piece "Bear your best side". No? It's being done in purples and yellows in honor of my best friend in Arizona. This way she and I will be "together" when we can no longer be together.

Comments

Popular Posts