Craftsy Rocks!

I have mentioned in previous posts about a web site called Craftsy.com! Love, love, love it! I am taking a class with Jenny from Missouri Star Quilt Company through this site and she introduced a class that makes traditionally tough quilts into not-to-tough to make pieces. She is giving us about 10 quilts to complete throughout the class.

I started her class yesterday and my first nearly finished quilt is in the dryer "as we speak". I'll take pics tomorrow when I have daylight. The quilt is a Rag Quilt and can be done in flannels, denim, homespun fabrics, or anything else you have the desire to make look raggy. The first quilt I completed was done with what flannel fabrics I could come up with out of my stash. After sorting out pastels and brights, found that I was the least short in the pastels and needed to only purchase another three yards to make a complete quilt.

Since last night was guild night I thought it prudent to patronize the Hastings local fabric stores. They have two that I know of for sure, but Google says there are four. Two Sisters fabric shop had the three pastels colors I needed (mint green, light blue, and a light yellow) to make the quilt interesting and offered a 20% discount to guild members, which I did not even know. So bonus there!

The blocks are larger in size; 10 inches to start. A larger seam is taken because after piecing the top together you snip 1/2" cuts about 3/4" apart and then wash and dry the quilt to fray the edges of the unfinished seams. The quilt sure is soft, and like always, haven't really taken a look at it closely yet until photos are taken tomorrow. We shall see...stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts