Easter Weekend

Didn't do much quilting on Friday since food shopping and preparations needed to be completed. After those tasks were indeed done as far as they could be until tomorrow, and before our son and my father arrived, I was able to get a Craftsy BOM block completed.

This month we utilized a method called English Paper Piecing. I have never attempted this previously, but truly enjoyed doing it! However, it is very time consuming. There is a lot of hand stitching done which I'm not very good at, but am getting better.

The second block is a challenge block, meaning our instructor, Amy, challenged us to come up with a block more in alignment with our quilt "theme". I am trying to get my head around something to do with bees. I think maybe I'll make a honeycomb (since honeycombs have six sides to them) and I'll applique a bee or two onto the rest of the block. Hmmm...my creative juices are starting to gurgle. This could be dangerous.

After Jim leaves tomorrow for his weekly work week, I'll be able to get back into my normal routine. Last week was a bit chunky since Caleb was on spring break, but it was great having him around to help out with fires and such (our temps have gotten back down to normal-50's in the daytime, 30's at night).

Comments

Popular Posts