Another Ragg Quilt

I had to do at least one more ragg quilt! This one is going to be made out of jeans and country cottons. Yesterday I cut all the jeans material out (thank you Goodwill for your cheap jeans-$1.69 per pair) as well as the cotton materials. I am starting them at 7" and will make the quilt 9 x 9 squares.

Tonight I sewed the backs and fronts together and then laid them all out to see what we had and I think this is going to work out well.

The problem is that despite my having purchased a special needle for my machine (100/16) to accommodate the heavier fabrics Laura is making some crunching noises. I don't think it's her necessarily but rather the needle trying not to break. Another problem that may be up and coming is the fact I'll have to put four layers of fabric through the machine tomorrow to piece the quilt together. Cross your fingers!

Comments

Popular Posts