Cold Today!

It's kind of hard to work on the sunporch when the outside temps are hovering at around 40. This means the sunporch is hovering only a few degrees warmer making it hard to sew anything. I did manage to grab a few minutes out there sewing my second Craftsy BOM flower and bumblebee down. I hand sewed the honeycomb because I wanted it to actually puff up a bit making it appear more 3D-ish.

I don't know if I mentioned that I purchased a pattern for a lighthouse wallhanging a few months previously. I had a PayPal balance I needed to use and the lighthouse will fit perfectly in our bathroom. I began reading the instructions for it and started to make a few foundation paper patterns. The pattern actually wants me to freezer paper the design, but I would like to be consistent throughout and so will try a few blocks with the foundation method to check for accuracy.

I also cut out several more circles for my yo-yo wallhanging and then sewed six of them together while on the phone with Jim, who is on his way to Chicago today.

I also took a looksie at a Converse Shoe quilt pattern. This is also a foundation paper pieced design and thought of Ben right away (he nearly lives in his Chucks), but know that I can not make any more quilts for family members. I have to start selling these things...don't I? Maybe for his graduation gift if it doesn't sell in the next year? I know he'd love, love, love it!

For now, I'll head down to my fabric stash and start picking fabrics out for the lighthouse wall hanging. I should also take a look and plan my May Sunbonnet Sue while I'm down there. Hopefully tomorrow will bring warmer temps and a forward progression towards sewing.

Comments

Popular Posts