Project Completed

Here is my little wall hanging creation. It certainly brightens up the darkly trimmed kitchen and it's something different then what I usually create. I find that it's nice to be able to divert off into another realm rather then sticking to the worn-out route on occasion.

Overdoing during the weekend left me back on the couch for most of Sunday and part of yesterday. But then I picked myself up, dusted off my ever widening backside and got on with life. A cold can only keep me down for so long. If only I wasn't so dizzy with this one!

After I finally shook the cobwebs out of my head and started to function as a normal human again, I found the pattern for the Converse tennis shoes from the my last issue of Quiltmaker and started on my first square set. There are two squares in each set; one for a side view and the other square is a front view of each pair of tennies. They are foundation paper pieced and seemed to go together with just a little difficulty. I will try to complete a pair at least every other day or so.

I started cutting out the jeans material from the 17 pairs of jeans Jim and I picked up on Friday. Because of the size limitation and not wanting to waste much material, I'm making the squares 7" to start. I know this will end up into a smaller finished size, but I had so many pairs of jeans that would not yield an 8" square. It's a rag quilt so I don't think there are too many does and don'ts in them which is nice to begin with.


Comments

Popular Posts