Think about this.....

...the only thing scarier then reaching out to the unknown is settling for that with which we are comfortable.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Laura is sick...

...again. Not my future daughter-in-law Laura, but the machine that keeps my life (in)sane. I do work her pretty hard, but after talking to my fellow ASQ guild members, found that I don't work her any harder then they do their Bernina's, Phaff's, Baby Locks, and Janome machines. I have one member who actually sews a LOT more then even I do on her little Singer and said she's never had any issues.

I think today I need to take her back to the dealer and have her serviced. I understand servicing needs to happen on occasion but it seems mine needs it more then others around me. I am careful to maintenance her here between projects, and I am careful to replace needles regularly, so I'm not sure why this very expensive machine is causing me so many headaches.

Perhaps, with the Christmas money I received it's time to part with it for an additional back up. I did get Husky out last weekend for our Friday sew-in but Husky has issues with seams thicker then two pieces of fabric, and he's not real great at feeding consistently. In other words, that 1/4" seam is tough to maintain with him and in a quilters world, this is an absolute must.

For Laura's final farewell for a while, I completed the quilting on the vegetable quilt mentioned below, and made this cute little Valentines table runner for our round table upstairs. Both quilts, I might add, where done completely out of what I had in the scrap bins.


No comments:

Post a Comment