Progress



The first item of business yesterday was to complete my January Guild block. I decided on a dark blue and white the previous day and had already cut those pieces out. I then constructed the first picture above for my January block. On to the quilt.

I laid everything out on the floor (after I swept and washed it) and found this pattern to be very undemanding. I only had to fix a few glaring errors, and I had to actually construct an additional block because somewhere I lost count. That happens, A LOT! With all the blocks set in a way that I liked, I re-piled them up so that I could keep track of what order to sew them together.

I got on such a roll that after getting the 14 rows together fairly quickly I had enough time (and energy) to actually get the quilt top completed. Well, at least the bulk of it completed. The two pics above show the top as of last night, and a closer look at one of the finished blocks.

The next step is the borders. I don't know if I'm going to add two or three. I will be putting a thin, neutral colored border around the quilt to "close it in". The borders are supposed to create the finality of the quilt and where it ends in its design. The second border will be the flying geese units with a 2" block on either end. After that, I may attach an additional wider neutral colored border. We'll see?!?

Comments

Popular Posts