Blocks Completed!

It's funny how the dreary weather provokes a much more productive me. This morning brought rain and warmer then normal temps, and as the day progressed, the temps declined bringing sugar snow. Just a dusting, but enough that when looking out the window, prompted me to work even harder. I'm not sure why?

Our block count is 140 or maybe even 1 more than that; I'll find out tomorrow when I begin to lay out the blocks to audition them for position within the quilt. The best way to accomplish this rather daunting task is to have a block wall, but I really have no empty wall space to do this with. I'm still not sure where I'll find the room. Perhaps I'll have to Swiffer the basement floor and make sure all the dust bunnies are cleared out. It's the closest to my sewing machine, so this may be the best idea.

I have also tossed around my finished blocks for the option of putting sashing strips between each one. The quilt seems like it will be a bit busy without them, but not only does it add a LOT of time, but I'm not sure I'll be happy with the result. It may segregate each block too much. I'll take a harder look when I get them all down on the floor.

Because I was so productive today, I also cut out my January block for the new quilting guild I plan on joining in February. They ask each member to bring a finished 10 1/2" block with a certain color scheme. For January, it was white. The block can have as little or as much of the required color in it. Mine will be half white and half dark blue. I'll make one for February tomorrow too with pink being the color of the month.

Comments

Popular Posts