On to the next phase

It doesn't look like it, but these three borders were a lot of work! It, surprisingly, took me all night to get them on. I felt like I was making excellent progress early on in my evening, but then became halted somewhat when my husband Jim and I ended up getting into a rather in-depth conversation about something totally unrelated to quilting. Doesn't he know that from 2-10 p.m. we just talk quilting? Silly man!

But they're on and the top is folded and put away until I can quilt it. There are a few reasons why it won't be quilted right away, but I'll spare you the gory details and move along to my next endeavor.

While I was pretty much set on doing the "Hip to be Square" pattern, my new McCall's Quilting magazine came a few days ago. I have been working on a mystery quilt with the bi-monthly publication and step 2 is in the current issue. I need to complete that first. Then, there is a really simply, yet very colorful scrappy quilt that I just HAVE to make! I don't recall the name right now, but it has something to do with walking up to the second story. More later!

Comments

Popular Posts