Visiting and Creativity

While Jim's mom and aunt were visiting this weekend (mom was down for two open houses), I found myself once again playing with some of my handcrafting projects. I am still making yo-yo's for next years fair entry (and will be probably for another six months). Saturday I made about 10 or so of them.

Sunday while they came over I started picking out fabrics for a little bookshelf quilt. Once I got them cut, I set them down to put together on Monday. The point is that even while visiting with company here at the house I can still work on being creative without impeding our conversation or communication process.

I like that I can be my own person in my home and nobody takes offense. Some people develop a real interest in what I'm working on (such as Jim's Aunt June), and others just nod and politely comment. Actually, most of them just nod and politely comment, but I can create even while being in my family's/friends presence.

Comments

Popular Posts