Where'd who go?

Not that anybody missed me here...'cause I think officially, nobody really reads my blog, but I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. I truly hope this isn't a trend and it's more like a quick hiccup.

I believe my graduating senior has occupied most of my time and will continue to do so for the next month. Afterwards, things should settle back down again.

Quilting-wise, I have actually been piddling with a few little things. I've been working on one block or so a day with a class I'm taking with Peggy Martin at Craftsy. It's a different kind of paper piecing method that I am really enjoying. I'm on block number four of about 12 that are included in the class. I love how well the points on these seemingly intricate blocks come together so easily.

Mom finally made it back over to do a final layout of a 10 1/2" block string quilt that was hanging around downstairs for the last six months. I want to get this together this upcoming week.

I've also been playing with my portrait quilt I made in Aniko Feher's class. I think, maybe, possibly, it'll be completed by this weekend. I was able to get it onto the background fabric and yesterday completed all the zig-zag stitching around each of those little pieces; it took a very long while to complete. Ahh...the life of a quilter.

While catching up with Jim last night from his weekly run, and while relaxing for the evening, I finally grabbed my "P" size crochet hook and started my first rag rug (I hope to be making these for Christmas presents). I discovered that it's harder crocheting fabric then it is yard. There is no give in the material like there is in yarn so I think I need to work a little more loosely with my stitches, otherwise, I feel like I'm fighting for every stitch I take.

Comments

Popular Posts