Completing odds and ends

It's been a week since I've updated. Probably because nobody really cares (at this point) so I was having a bit of a pity party. But then I thought about it and found that I don't care that nobody cares. I care and that's all that matters to me. I love working on my quilts and expressing myself in writing at the same time so why not continue what it is I enjoy?

While it would be excellent to have others actually care, I guess it's asking too much?!?

Anyway, here is our May Sunbonnet Sue flying around with her May pole.

Here too is what I did accomplish last week. In addition to my mom's quilt and pillow, I made one for the sunporch (quilt) and two pillows to go with it. They turned out really cute. I hope to make more of these in the future.

Since last week, I have been analyzing what projects I have going at the moment and am finding myself in a lot of different things. I need to finish some of these up and move along. So, that's what I'm doing. I cleaned a little bit yesterday and today. I am trying to get a handle on the strings I've accumulated of late by setting those into string blocks, and organizing my priorities and projects.

I have guild tonight and then a class tomorrow and Thursday, so I'll be busy learning yet another technique with which to share the love of fabric through quilts.

Meanwhile, and to wrap things up, I received another Quiltmaker Block for Volume 6. The technique used was a turn-edged applique and I must admit, I'm not too all about that. Remember, I can't post my pic here because the book is a secret until its release next spring, but trust me when I say it isn't one of my better pieces produced.

Comments

Popular Posts