New York Beauty

Funnily enough the Craftsy class I'm currently taking with Peggy Martin includes a block she calls "New York Beauty". Like all the classes I take, I do a test block to see how well we get along. This particular block was the very reason I wanted to take the class because I like the sharp points and the overall visual appeal.

There are many possibilities with the block and I feel like what I did with what I had in my stash turned out pretty well. I really enjoyed making this and not because it turned out pretty well (I still have some boo-boo's in it) but because Peggy finally showed me how to overcome the dreaded "piecing curves" phobia I've struggled with since beginning my quilt making craft.

New York Beauty Block
I've always wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt but neglected to do so because of the intricacies of piecing convex and concave curves together. Mystery solved today! Another quilting milestone overtaken. Whoot whoot! If Andrew and Laura didn't have their very busy kitties they would probably receive one for their wedding next March. Hmmmm??????

Comments

Popular Posts