Has it really been a week?

Yup, it has been a whole week and I have only turned on my machine once and that was to sew a button on Ben's jacket prior to leaving for the funeral. Aren't funerals fun? Not really. I deal with death in a bizarre way. I laugh. Make jokes. Shed very few, if any tears. I make inappropriate comments. I usually make an enemy out of one or more family members because of my death dealing ways. <sigh>

But I pretty much remembered to stay to myself this time around. I have learned quickly from past experiences to just be there for the mourning and be myself around my immediate family who know how each of us deals with death...which for many, is laughter.

I can't believe the dearly departed wanted any more suffering then what they had to endure. So we carry on as best as we know how, and in this family it is with laughter.

I feel like I've let Laura down and sentenced her to death by not turning her on at all. I also neglected to cover her up or look in her direction while in the basement. We were so busy visiting, running, catching up, preparing, and being gone that she was left to her own corner peacefully.

So, we will carry on beginning tomorrow as always. My only problem is it's beginning to get spring-like around here and I've been cooped up just about too long this winter. My yard is a shambles and the gardens are even worse. I have to remember my summertime schedule and ease into that because I know colder weather will be here again before the warmer winds chase it away. Note to self...don't, don't, don't move the studio back onto the sunporch too soon (even though I'm dying to do that very thing right after I get done blogging). Humph. I need two machines. One for up here and one for down there. I do have two machines actually, but Husky is very stubborn and not particularly enjoyable to use. He is not trustworthy, and frankly I haven't turned him on in almost a year, so he may have decided to permanently retire just as Jim's uncle Don just did. RIP Uncle Don!

Comments

Popular Posts