Hold the Phone!

Apparently there was a mix up at the Quiltmaker headquarters (or something) and we, the Scrap Squad Group, was inadvertently given our #3 quilt (see previous post) instead of the actual #2 quilt. So, we put away what we started last week and began on this new one mid-week instead. Here's where I'm at on that so far:

After a few days
I love, love, love working on this quilt. I actually get bored working on some quilts because of the repetitive nature of each block. It's the same colors and the same pattern over and over and after about block number so-and-so, I start to look forward to getting the thing off my design wall and moving along to the next project. 

I think this is why I have so many projects going at once all of a sudden. I didn't used to be like that. I used to only complete one, maybe two at a time, but I believe at present I'm up to six. 

Anyway, I digress. The really nice thing about this quilt is the variety of "chores" we have to do within the quilt. The red/white stars are paper pieced. The blue/purple and green/purple are half square triangles. The yellow/purple squares are four patches. The white/red/white sections are strip pieced, and the yellow/dark blue squares use the flip and stitch method of block creation. See what I mean about variety? 

I decided on using up the remainder of my 1930's prints left over from the dresden quilt because I thought this would incorporate those colors pretty well. What do you think? 



Comments

Popular Posts